Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Tuesday Delight

Random Tuesday Thoughts is here once again. You know the drill. Here's Keely. I'd have a button for you but when I right clicked on Keely's code to past it into my post it told me she was out of inspiration and to come back later. Not sure what that means or what her running out of inspiration has to do with grabbing her badge, but that's ok I can still do Random Thoughts without it. But wait, I have an idea! ...And that didn't work so never mind. No badge this week. Sorry.

~I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine last night. While it wasn't the best X-Men movie, I liked it. Particularly cuz I love Wolverine. He's soooo sexy when he's angry (grrrrr) and he's angry a lot in that movie. Well, he's angry in all of them. Gambit was pretty hot too *swoon* but he wasn't in it nearly enough. Call me weird but I think mutants are incredibly sexy. Well, some of them. The big fat one was more disturbing than sexy.

~We are officially under a Winter Storm Warning! Woo-hoo! I'm so excited. We could get up to 10 inches of snow. Sweet! The snow is supposed to start today and go into tomorrow. You have no idea how happy I am to finally get some snow!

~I finally found all my Marilyn Manson CDs. That made me happy since I've been looking for them forever.

~I also downloaded some kick ass Pagan music on iTunes with songs and chanting and drums, it's totally awesome dude.

~My upstairs neighbors are so very lucky I get up at 5, or else when they started playing their fucking piano (which sounds like it's in my living room cuz the walls and ceiling are so thin) at 5:30 this morning I might have had to do something drastic. I'm so tired of noisy neighbors I could just... Well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

~My eldest and I got into a fight last night over her coming home to take out the garbage. She was tired and wanted to sleep at her friend's house and I told her to get her ass home (but more nice like) cuz I've been after her to do this garbage for a week and the only reason she was at her friend's was cuz I forgot it needed to be taken out when she asked if she could go. So after arguing for a while via txt she finally decided she didn't care what I wanted and just shut of her phone! I am so pissed!! Furious. Livid. You get the idea. I'm thinking no car for 2 weeks.

~Speaking of Sally, her engine is really loud for some reason. It's like driving a lawn mower. The faster I drive, the louder she gets. I don't know what's wrong with her now. *sigh*

~I think I have strep throat. My throat feels like it's on fire and I've been extremely nauseous. I was really hoping to avoid the plague this time around, but it seems as though that is not to be the case.

~I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their music is just brilliant.

~Did you know that Botox is actually shrew spit?

~Update: Apparently the eldest's phone died so she could not txt me and then she fell asleep and that's why she didn't come home. Uh huh.

Ok, that's all the Random I got today!

Laters!

10 comments:

  1. we have snow too! i really like the snow, it's just the ice underneath that i can do without.

    i know what you mean about the neighbors. this is the first time that i have had to live in an apt for more than 20 years, and i'm not liking it very much. but i guess it could be worse.

    the old my phone died and i fell asleep trick huh. kids, i still say that from the age of oh bout 12 - at least 18 someone else should raise them. horrible ages.

    sorry that you are getting sick again. maybe i can send you something to help ease that pain.

    have a wonderful day my friend...hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick to your guns. No car for two weeks. Then perhaps she'll 1) remember to take the trash out and 2) keep her phone charged.

    We are getting a combination of sleet, freezing rain and snow this evening. Oh, yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teens are stupid. My son used to do that "my phone died" shit - and now it's a new rule...if the phone isn't charged enough, it (and you) do not leave the house. Easy enough. Kids are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for snow!

    I would have texted "get your ass home now." Not that she would have gotten it with the battery dying, but...

    Where were the Marilyn Manson CD's?

    Love, love, love the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

    Sorry about your car and having strep throat sucks! Did you know that some Walgreens stores now offer the instant strep tests so you don't have to go all the way to the doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? I thought I heard botox was bee venom or something. Shrew spit??

    This is not good news about Sally. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully it is just the muffler..that is easy enough to get fixed. Just don't do like my husband and let it keep failing to the point where the front of the mufflers falls down and you pole vault (or muffler vault) on the highway doing about 65mph. Hope you feel better from your strep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish that we would get snow like that!

    I like Manson, also!

    I did not like origins, it lacked the appeal of the other three.

    I hope that you do not have strep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PJ~ Yeah, I'm not real wild about ice either.

    Apartment living does suck majorly. If people would be more considerate of their neighbors it wouldn't be so bad. But, you're right, it could be worse. I could have no roof over my head.

    I so know what you mean. It's an awful, awful age, especially for girls.

    Thank you. I don't have strep though, so that's good. Just some viral infection. Whatcha got that could help?

    You have a wonderful day too!

    Jan~ Yupp. I agree.

    Sleet, freezing rain, and snow? Yuck! I'm glad we didn't get that. What a mess.

    Kaylen~ I may have to make that a rule too. That's just not a valid excuse as far as I'm concerned.

    Gina~ I thought about it but decided to be nice. I'm too nice.

    They were in my entertainment center on the wrong shelf in between DVDs. I swear I searched through there and didn't see them the first 3 times!

    The Red Hot Chili Peppers do totally rock!

    Thanks. No, I didn't know that. I'll have to see if they offer that at my Walgreens. Thanks for the info!

    blueviolet~ My youngest said she was watching a show about shrews on Animal Planet and that's what they said. I'd never heard that about it being bee venom before.

    I know. I think poor Sally is on her last legs. Well, wheels.

    PropellerHeadMom~ I don't know what it is but I have to call the car place soon to get her in. A muffler vault huh? That sounds scary!!

    Have a great day all!

    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  9. The phone died and she fell asleep? How conveniently plausible. ;) Sneaky teens and their logical excuses.

    Hope you don't have strep, but being as it's unlikely...and since you've got no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

    Happy Tuesday a day late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny I did not check the RTT mother ship and just called my post What the Heck Wednesday since I was too lazy to get it all done by morning TUesday and there was no one to link to anyway!!

    I'm not buying the phone thing and I really hope it's just the cold making your car noisy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ok, so I admit it, I'm a comment whore. Comments are the reason I blog. Okay, that's not entirely true. I blog to let the insanity out so my head doesn't explode, cuz that would just be messy and inconvenient. But still, I adore comments and reply to each one, though sometimes it takes me a few days to get to it. So, if you're interested in reading my comment on your comment, check back later!