Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pulling Myself out of the Coma Long Enough to Blog

You'll have to forgive me, I feel a little rusty in my blogging. It's been a while. 

Yes, I am still breathing. My apologies for my extended blogging absence and for not keeping up on all my friend's blogs. It's been a rough few weeks. Lately I've been battling severe depression and extreme exhaustion. I've been sleeping around 18-20 hours a day. It's been so bad that I can't even stay awake most days to drink my coffee. Goddess only knows how much coffee I've wasted cuz I make a pot and then fall asleep before I can drink it. And I hate stale coffee.

Then today I received some bad news from my doctor. Apparently when they did my last echocardiogram they found an abnormality in my heart, called Diastolic Dysfunction, which increases my risk of heart failure (and I'm already at an increased risk cuz of the tachycardia and diabetes). I'm not sure if it's related to the tachycardia (elevated heart rate) or not, nor am I sure what treatments are available or even how serious it is, but I see my cardiologist on the 27th and we'll see what she says.

So yeah, it's been an interesting few weeks. I also have to go in for a sleep study cuz they think I may have sleep apnea. It seems like every time I turn around they find something else wrong with me. It's been very frustrating.

But, there have been good things too. I lost another 10 pounds (Yay!), and we finally got my blood pressure under control. My blood sugars have been down too. They're still high, but much better than they were, so that's good.

And, I'm very excited cuz if I get my renter's rebate in August (I still need to fill out the paperwork) I'm getting another tattoo!! Woot! Woot! I'd like to get my eyebrow pierced too but wanna lose some more weight first. I'm not sure what tattoo I'm going to get. Either an ankh on my inner forearm or something on my upper right arm with my Drunken Midget's names in it. I'm going to see if my eldest will help me design something, she's a really good artist.

And, for those of you who aren't my Facebook friends (cuz they've already seen this), I've decided that if ever get 3 wishes, I'm wishing for Sully Erna (duh), Chad Gray, and Billie Joe Armstrong. I could totally be a polygamist and have my own little harem. Now I just need to find me a genie!!

I'm also very excited cuz I was able to stay awake long enough today to drink coffee for the first time in over a week. Oh how I've missed my coffee. I think I've had enough caffeine to kill a small pony. It's a good thing I'm not a small pony. It's also the first time in a long time that I've been awake long enough to listen to music. Oh Godsmack, how I've missed you!!

There's this fruit fly in my room and he's the fastest fruit fly I've ever seen. He's like a super sonic fruit fly on coke. I just can't catch the little bastard. And he loves to dive bomb me. It's so annoying.

Anyhoo, that's really all that I have today. Hopefully I'll be back on my regular blogging and reading schedule soon.

Laters!

29 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you have been feeling so crappy! You have had more than your "fair" share of health problems. What is with the heart abnormality. I sure hope they get that figured out! Get better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you, girl! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon! The weight loss should help with the sleep apnea (if you have it). When I got my tattoo, I tried to have my husband design it but he refused. Apparently he didn't want to be responsible for something that would be permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the only way to go is UP from where you've been lately. Sorry for all the bad shit, but now it's your turn to be the windshield instead of the bug !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meep! I hope the heart problems don't compact...and congrats on getting a handle on some of them! Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor love, do take care of yourself ... I hope you have harem dreams when you are asleep x ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get the ankh!

    Feel better, Raven. Coffee needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sleep study might really help! I've had two. The 2nd time, a psychiatrist worked with neurology and they found that I woke myself up every 30 seconds but no apnea. Now I have meds that help me sleep.

    good luck. I hope it works for you.
    Citymom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like good plans. I hope everything works out health-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn...I demand the Gods lay off of you for a while!!

    On a lighter note...glad to hear you've dropped some lbs. and the blood pressure/blood sugar issues are under control. That's great!!

    I want to go get a new tatt...Hopefully when I go on vacay next month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still can't believe it when I read it, it's just so unfair. I hope they can figure out how to make you feel better yesterday. Please don't forget about Mayo so close (seriously, they saved my life and I was hospitalized for a month, no other hospital I would have trusted). If my sister had a health concern I would go kidnap her and drive her here. It's the only place that I trust. There are so many things that can go wrong (we both know that, right?!?!) and so to be in a hospital that works so hard to not add to these is essential in getting better.

    If I see a genie I will send him your way!

    Great news about the lbs...I am on the same quest and my pants are feeling a bit looser, but I'm scared to step on the scale. I look at myself and wonder how I allowed this to happen and then I get depressed and food is always a great solution to that! Also very good about your blood pressure, I can't believe all the health things you deal with!

    I want a tattoo this summer too. I only have one (I got it about 10 years ago). I've asked my sister to help design it too, she's drawn almost all of hers, she's an amazing artist! Hope you're feeling better when you read this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a comeback though! You still write like a pro with everything going on. Some parts sound like you're doing better, but the heart problems are worrisome for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you back! I hope that you're on the upswing from the depression. It's hard enough dealing with THAT, let alone all of the other health concerns you mentioned! Goddesspeed to you...sending positive chi your way, mamasita! Oh - and I totally LOVE the idea of the ankh tattoo!! I want some more ink soon too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you sound upbeat somehow, even amidst your lengthy sleep.

    I can just picture that damn fruit fly. My middle son and I got nuts when there's any kind of flying creature in the house. I'm grooming him to be a fly whisperer.

    If you feel like checking out some videos, we have a new video page on our site. (Not the one on the podcast page, although if you haven't seen "I feel happy of myself" it's worth it.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping by to say hey. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, I finally made it back to your blog and find a heart issue? Yikes!!! Interestingly enough - I have had chest pain for the last couple weeks when exercising and just had an EKG done myself. Results were normal, going in for the stress test soon. Let's not tell anyone though, cause if my mom finds out she will have high anxiety over it and she'll need a stress test herself!!

    Hope you are doing well of late-and that you are going to blog again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to hear that your results of your echo weren't good. Is it just me, or is abnormal test results becoming the norm these days? My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with colon cancer and we're not sure if my symptoms are crohn's or not.

    In any case, I hope your blood pressure and sugar continue to improve and you start feeling better. Good luck on your next appointment with your cardiologist!!

    Totally keep us updated on the new body art!!

    *HUG* Take care, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear of your health issues, and the depression. Hang in there and know I am thinking of you and truly care :)
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you finally caught that fruit fly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes
    Social Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribes
    getlikefast.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Free Facebook Likes, Free Targeted Facebook Likes, Make Unlimited Likes on your Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Share, Facebook Followers, Facebook Post Like and Share, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Follow, LinkedIn share, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes
    Social Media Marketing is the easy way to increase your Folow Likes and Subsribes
    getlikefast.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Earn Money with Facebook, Just Post a Picture on Facebook and Get Earning on Every post, Social Media is the best way to earn money online and Facebook is the Most popular website in the World, You can Join any where in the World and Get Earnings with Us
    Facebook Sharing, Facebook Wall Sharing and Earn with Jobz Corner
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Earn Money Launch a New Earning System on Facebook, the best Social Media Website where you can share some fun and earn with us, Share some pictures on Facebook and earn on every pictures you post or share. Unlimited Facebook Wall Sharing and Unlimited Earning.
    Earn with Making Facebook Ids, Make Unlimited Facebook Ids and Get 10$ on Every FB Id.
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Forex Affaris.. Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super Cars Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    SuperCars.Com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete

Ok, so I admit it, I'm a comment whore. Comments are the reason I blog. Okay, that's not entirely true. I blog to let the insanity out so my head doesn't explode, cuz that would just be messy and inconvenient. But still, I adore comments and reply to each one, though sometimes it takes me a few days to get to it. So, if you're interested in reading my comment on your comment, check back later!